Water Damage Restoration Timeline
Exact will perform a free inspection and evaluate the extent of water damage using advanced equipment to measure moisture content. During this assessment, Exact’s certified technicians will identify the measures required to remove any water, dry the structure, and clean and treat it according to standards set in place by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
Notify your insurance company as promptly as possible. Exact will provide detailed information
about the damage in addition to photo documentation of the affected areas.
Exact’s experienced staff will then work with your insurance company to come to an agreed upon scope.
Our team of certified technicians will extract any standing water utilizing special equipment and
then will dry out any affected areas using fans and dehumidifiers. Any material that is unable to be
properly dried will be removed – this can include, but is not limited to: drywall, carpet, insulation, etc.
Clean and disinfect all affected surfaces using antimicrobial solution to prevent suspect bacterial
growth or mold.
Once your household has been properly dried, the reconstruction team will provide an estimate
for the rebuild portion of the project. This will include the replacement of flooring, drywall, paint, etc.
The project manager assigned to your project will guide you through the remaining steps of the
project, ensuring your home is restored to it’s original state, or better than before the damage occurred.
Exact will stay in contact with your adjuster throughout the process, working with your carrier to
come to an agreement for the repair scope and settle the claim.
Water damage restoration is the process of returning a water-damaged property to its pre-loss condition. It is a complex process that involves a variety of steps, including:
- Water removal: The first step is to remove all standing water from the property. This is done using a variety of methods, such as pumps, vacuums, and dehumidifiers.
- Drying and dehumidification: Once the water has been removed, the property must be dried out and dehumidified. This is done to prevent mold growth and other damage.
- Cleaning and sanitation: All affected areas must be cleaned and sanitized to remove any bacteria or other contaminants.
- Repairs and reconstruction: If necessary, repairs and reconstruction will be done to restore the property to its original condition.
Water damage restoration is important because it can help to prevent further damage to your property and your belongings. It can also help to protect your health and safety by preventing mold growth and other hazards.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a professional water damage restoration company:
- Professional water damage restoration companies have the experience and expertise to handle water damage of all types and sizes.
- They have the right equipment and tools to quickly and efficiently remove water, dry out the property, and prevent mold growth.
- They can help you to file insurance claims and work with your insurance company to get the repairs you need.
- They can offer you peace of mind knowing that your property is in good hands and that it will be restored to its pre-loss condition.
If you experience water damage in your home or business, it is important to contact a professional water damage restoration company as soon as possible.